Your Last Nursing Class: How to Land Your First Nursing Job
I’m so happy to announce my new book! I gave it my all in this book… my passion for helping new nurses, my role as a career columnist at allnurses.com, my background, my blog………a book of Nurse Beth’s practical wisdom, insider tips learned over a long career.
My writing style has been called concise and comprehensive- it’s true- no fluffery but chock-full of practical actionable tips and strategies. I like to give real and actionable content to help you
where you’re at. Something you can walk away with and use. When competing for a job, it’s essential that you stand out at every step of the process, and I show you how to be that outstanding applicant.
It’s called “Your Last Nursing Class: How to Land Your First Nursing
Job” because I honestly think these skills should be taught in nursing school ! Really good nurses graduate without knowing how to shine in a competitive market.
- Is it smart or regrettable to “cold-call” a hiring manager?
- How do you write a resume to stand out when you have no experience? (examples given)
- Why your application is being passed over
- What can you do in first and second semester of nursing school to vastly increase the odds of landing a job when you graduate? (it’s not grades)
- What are the top job application mistakes nurses make?
- What do hiring managers really think during an interview? (insider tips from my experience- it’s not what you think)
- The top interview questions and how to answer them
…and so much more!
I hope you will check it out for yourself or as a gift for a new grad or nursing student.