This is so cool! Thank you, fellow nurse blogger, Elizabeth Scala, for the nomination. I’m super honored!
Tag ! You’re it if you’re on the list below. So here’s to passing along the nursing love and sharing the joy for my nursing career. And here are the rules:
Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you. (Done, linked to Elizabeth Scala )
2. Post the award image to your page.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself. Here are mine:
I’m a nurse’s nurse who works in acute care. My mission is to help new nurses and improve working conditions for all nurses. My background is bedside, management and education.
I’m a writer, speaker, blogger, subject matter expert, creative content developer, policy expert. I also raise backyard chickens (urban farmer).
I lived in South Africa as a teen-ager, in Johannesburg and Phalaborwa in the Transvaal. My father was an engineer for Bechtel, and we relocated pretty much every two years. It was amazing to live in another culture, and it gave me an undying interest in culture.
I’m a serial hobbyist. Gardening, sewing, flower arranging, cooking, make-up artist, writing. I’m always passionately doing something or other
I love the smell of wet asphalt (city girl), garlic sauteeing in butter, rosemary pinched between my fingers
I hate traffic, and waiting in line and being put on hold. Maybe I’m impatient?
My guilty secret is reality shows. I will deny having watched every episode of Sister Wives.
- Finally, nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it
In no particular order except stream of consciousness:
- Sean Dent mystrongmedicne.com a Nurse Practitioner and a great guy
- Megan Duffy at notratched.net Very witty
- Beth Boynton ConfidentVoices Healthy assertiveness and impressive author (just published a textbook Successful Nurse Communication so cool!)
- Andrew Lopez at nursefriendly.com Consummate networker and one of the most supportive nurses out there
- Kati Kleber at nurseeyeroll.com Genuine and warm and popular and…pregnant (it’s a girl!!!)
- Joan Ekstrom Spitrey at thenurseteacher.com Joan is truly a teacher, and an excellent writer
- Lorie Brown at empowerednurses.org Very knowledgable about the law, I always open her emails 🙂
- Donna Maheady exceptionalnurse.blogspot.com Blogs about nurses with disabilities. A powerhouse of employment information
- Nurse Mo at StraightAnursingstudent Refreshing and a student
- Anonymous florenceisdead.com tells it like it is
- Keith Carlson Digital Doorway LinkedIn expert. Wealth of information (note to self: I must follow his LinkedIn tips) His book on Savvy Networking is uber helpful
- Donna Cardillo motivationcafe Inspiring and generous, the guru of career advice
- Marsha Battee thebossynurse Business woman who shares her success secrets
- Elizabeth Scala elizabethscala.com Nursing from Within… says it all! And it’s a book title 🙂
Now… your turn 🙂 This is fun! What blogs do you recommend? Leave a comment below stating the nursing blogs you enjoy and feel free to share using the social media buttons. Enjoy these fellow nurse bloggers and thanks for reading.
Also I’m loving Pinterest, visit me there nursecode.com on Pinterest