Dear Graduate RNs,
I love twice a year when we onboard a new group of new grad nurses. You are pretty fabulous.
- You bring a welcome, fresh energy. It’s positive and rejuvenating.
- You are honest, not afraid to ask questions, and don’t shame yourselves. Probably because you had better parenting than our generation.
- Wait….we did parent you!
- Never change # 2.
- You are smart. And quick! You are great resources for anything techy, social media, and cultural.
- You are learnable. Your learning feelers are up- I can almost see them poking up out of your head. As an educator, it is the best to teach you heart blocks or watch you at Skills Fair.
- You articulate what you need and how you feel. At such a young age, very cool.
- You don’t have a chip on your shoulder.
- You are idealistic and compassionate and passionate. Perfect trifecta.
- You don’t settle or compromise.
- You support each other. It’s great to see you plan potlucks, meet for a drink, bond over new experiences.
I would love to hear your feedback.
You might enjoy reading:
How to differentiate Heart Blocks Infographic
Until next time friend,
Come visit me at Ask Nurse Beth career column at allnurses.com for all kinds of entertaining and informative career questions and answers, and to submit your own question 🙂